One Year Anniversary

It all started in October of last year. I was sitting in a coding class, doing procedural programing in Replit. I had finished early, so I decided to browse the Community tab to see if there were any cool games. Most were typical adventure text ones, but then my attention was caught by swordbattle.io. I had always liked fighting games from an early age, liked that thrill of killing and dominating and being on top. IO games, on the other hand, I had never seen the fun in them. Most I tried for a day or two then abandoned forever, even famous ones like diep.io and krunker.io. But swordbattle was different. From the first moment I started playing I finally experienced what an amazing IO game looked like. It was like seeing the sun after being in a dark basement for so long. I became obsessed with it, speed running my work so I could play it as soon as possible. It consumed me and my every thought. I rose through the leaderboard, quickly becoming part of the Top 100. Of course that was not enough for me though. I aimed to become Top 10 but before that I wanted to discover a community of like-minded people who loved this game as much as I did. So that’s when I found this forum, and all of you guys. I felt like I finally belonged somewhere. I had zero friends that year as I had moved to a new high school and was still settling in. But here, in this small community, I realized that didn’t matter. I was truly happy in what felt like a long time, satisfied with my life.

I guess I just want to say thank you. Thank you for the memories, thank you for the support, just thank you :heart:

7 Likes

Congrats Killer!

1 Like

Nice happy anniversary!

1 Like

Happy caek day!

1 Like

Congrats, happy anniversary!

1 Like

congrats, i know how you feel :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy cake day! I had a similar origin

1 Like

Happy Caek day!

2 Likes

First Topic:

First Post (non-topic):

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.