Origin of Roachers in swordbattle.io?

Many people in the swordbattle community use the term “roacher” to describe people who use their small size, high speed and agility to target big players. I have heard in earlier versions it was almost unstoppable to stop these people due a hitbox bug.

You can see gameplay and exploiter of this bug here:

But I’m wondering, how did the term Roacher come to be? Is there any player who coined it? I’m curious to know why Roach (originally used for cockroach) is used this way.

4 Likes

BECAUSE THEY USED TO BE SO HARD TO KILL AND ALWAYS COME BACK DXJDMJDSJMSSMJDJDJDJDJDJDJDJDJDJJDNRHCUFMCHDUMDNDUDNDUDNDJDJDJDUDJXNCCUM SSJIDNDUDJDJDUJDJDUDJDJDJDUJDDUUDJDJDUJDUEIEOEODODSISIS

A just a bit of mild anger

1 Like

I recently noticed this tactic. I have been using it and it works quite well. It is really annoying though when the person you’re “roaching” (not active on this forum; never heard the term before) also roaches you so it’s just an endless vicious cycle of death.

I think the term came from Replit era, the first mention of it here was this:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It was fun when ucud roach but throw swords to fend them off. I was sad whenit gotremoved

4 Likes

In the time of auto clickers it was even more op but as coder said I first saw it on replit myself

3 Likes