Resetting leaderboards in V2

So I’ve been thinking about this a lot but I’ve come to the conclusion that I will be resetting the single game leaderboards for V2.

These include: Coins, Stabs, and Survived leaderboards
These do NOT include: XP, Total Coins, Total Playtime, and Total Stabs

The reason being V2 is such a big change to the game and coin farmers will definitely need some new strategies to continue getting high runs, and I think it will be unfair if the update turns out to make coin farming harder and a bunch of games from an entirely different map (v2 leak??) fill up the individual game leaderboards…

Note: This won’t affect the Total Leaderboards since I dont want to ruin your progress in game, although XP calculations will be changed a bit (already mentioned here)

Let me know what you think here and if there would be any better ways of handling this.

6 Likes

Seems quite alright with me, ain’t got a problem with it

2 Likes

i disagree

mostly because some people have spent upwards of 12 hours cough cough sleeping cat
this essentially wastes their time

2 Likes

Gautam you continue to amaze me with your genius. This has definitely got to be the sibgle most stupid idea ive heard this year. Keep up the good work

2 Likes

Smart man

2 Likes

Okay all I need to do is get 2 mil again

2 Likes

You have to reset the leaderboards but you can also keep a “legacy leaderboard” that shows the top 10 or 50 from v1

4 Likes

I’m glad I didn’t try to go for a 3mil run before this was announced

2 Likes

Id be fine with the idea if he kept top 100

2 Likes

Why not just make it easier to get coins in v2? Then we can keep the leaderboard and new players won’t have to struggle to get onto the leaderboard

3 Likes

jeez thats a hard hit to #10 - #1

2 Likes

Bro progression should be the same why is everyone trying to nerf it and disregard thr people that put hard work and effort in making these records. Like it or not, v1 will always be a part of the game and you cant just entirwly forget it loke this

2 Likes

You’re right but v2 is very different so will it not be difficult for the avg coin pickup to be the same? And if it absoloutely horrible we could just do it a month after v2 is released

3 Likes

Coin pickup should be roughly the same if gautam inputs the right nunbers as he should. Its just not fair for the top 100 people who worked hard to get their

1 Like

I will obv keep the final all-time leaderboards in a seperate URL, I was writing this at night and forgot to add that. But the people who disagree pls tell me what you think would be a better system.

1 Like

Keep top 103 of each and let v2 start with tht. Rest can be deleted

2 Likes

OR. This will be hella unpopular idea but hear me out
Archive top 103 for all leaderboards in a link called v1 leaderboards and reset all leaderboaeds. Other thab profiles

1 Like

^

Why cant I archive just the ones mentioned in the first post (the ones that will be reset). Rest including XP can be kept the same. The reason being people worked hard for their XP and I already promised them I won’t reset it, I just want to clear up the individual per-game basis leaderboards to make it fun for new players who start from V2.

1 Like

V2 will be a complete reset and apl leaderboards start from scratch. U can still view top 103 for each leaderboard in separate link and ur profile will still have ur all time plaayed, stabs, and xp with v1 and 2 combined. So leaderboards reset not profilws

1 Like

they would’ve still gotten the XP for that though. plus the scores would be in the archive making them etched into sb history.

Yes I could do that too, but I do think we should still have an archive because it would be unfair to V1 leaderboarders who spent a ton of time for their coins.

2 Likes