A fanmade Swordbattle.io guide

Inspired by shadowblade’s forum guide.

How to get the game

If you are a computer player, type in “Swordbattle.io” on your browser and the game will show up. And since you’re on the forum, you can alternatively click on the “Play!” button found on the top right of the page (located on the menu bar). Another way to get swordbattle is through the google play store on android phones. Once you are on swordbattle.io, you can do one of 2 things.

1. You can create an account. Choose a username that fits best for you, and then choose a password to go alongside it.
  2. You can play without an account.

Benefits of playing on an account:

1. In-Game Wealth Accumulation: All your gold :coin: from the games you play would be saved to your balance, which you can use to buy skins!
  2. Tracking your progress over time: When logged into an account, if you hover over your username on the top right and select the first option (labelled “Profile”) you can view your stats, including but not limited to total XP, games played, total playtime, and your rank.
  3. Chance of being on the leaderboard: With enough patience and lots of grinding, you can climb up the ranks and potentially earn a spot on the leaderboard (top 100).

Once you have an account (Or not) press the green button named “Play!”

Controls:

If you are on mobile, move your finger in the direction you want to go. However, if you are on the computer, you have 2 options. You can either use your mouse to move by pointing the cursor in the direction you want to go, or you can use the wasd keys. To swing your sword, you can tap your screen on mobile, or you can click your mouse. To throw your sword, right-click you mouse on the computer, or press the button with the sword on mobile. You can adjust what you want to move with in the settings.

What to do in-game

Once you are in the game, your goal is to get coins. There are coins scattered​ throughout the map, but you can also get coins through killing other players, and by breaking chests. There are different types of chests, ranging from brown to purple. Each rarity gives more coins, but is harder to break than the last. The more coins you get, the higher level you become. Having a higher level has quite a few advantages, like having more health, and dealing more damage to hit. Once you have a high enough level, you can evolve.

Evolutions

There are a total of 12 evolutions in the game, which are split into 4 tiers. You can select an evolution by pressing F, or by clicking the picture of it. Each evolution also has their own unique abilities, which can provide buffs, but have a cooldown. Tier 1 evolutions (Which occur at Lv 24/ 5k coins) are the tank, which is more defensive based, or the Berserker, which is more offensive based. The remaining 3 tiers happen at, Level 28/15k coins, Level 31/30k gold, and Level 33/50k gold. For detailed info on each evolution, check out this post. New Evolution Tree and Stats

Settings

Despite it being pretty small, the settings do have some important stuff to them. The first thing you can do is pick servers. There are 3 servers to pick from, USA, USA 2, and Europe. Europe is the best server for grinding, and, (In my opinion) is a good server to pick for newbies. USA is extremely chaotic, and for USA 2, only go in if you have a friend with you. You can also enable what country you are from, and choose your controls, which I explained earlier.

Skins+Leaderboard

With all the coins that you have collected, how will you spend them? The answer is skins. Using your coins, you can buy skins that you can show off in game. The prices range from 50 to 50,000,000, and are created by members of the community. In order to create a skin, check out this post.How to make your own Swordbattle.io skin!. Once you have gotten enough xp, you can be on the leaderboard. Xp is coins+ 200xkills.The leaderboard shows off the top 100 players in the game. It shows them by stuff like coins and time, but the most important one is xp. You will also get rewards for getting a set rank. Once you get 100th, you will have a blue name in-game with your rank. Once you get top 10, it changes to gold. The leaderboard also shows the best xp, coin, and time totals per week, and day. To view your profile, hover your mouse over your username on the top-right corner of your screen, and click on the first option.

Forum

To chat with other members of the community, create skins, or provide feedback on the game, use the forum. A guide on the forum is available here: A Newbie's Forum Guide

6 Likes

I don’t want to read all this :/

You should make this a wiki

Done. (15 Character)

This is great for newbies but I’ve just had a thought wouldn’t have most of the forum users got here after playing swordbattle? I think there should be a tutorial ingame for v2 since when the influx of players comes it would be nice to keep as many as posssible by first letting them know how to play

5 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t want to leave anything out, otherwise someone would be asking me to add it.

Everyone is just adding (15 character) to make sure their comments pass the 15 character mark lol

2 Likes

Yeah its fine I just don’t want to read it :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe if it gets hard enough for people to understand each aspect of the game

2 Likes

That’s new v2 gives you a link to the post!

1 Like

This is exactly why I hesitated making this wiki in the first place.

Make it not wili

2 Likes

Control c and control v saves the day!

2 Likes

Im going to make a poll, because some users may ask for it back if I remove it.

Should this continue being wiki?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

This is very informative!

1 Like

*through
sorry

1 Like

Okay, glaceon it should be fixed. You can remake it a wiki

3 Likes

Slap check mod chat do you agree?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.