Balancing Tank and Berserker

I think v2 tank and berserker are a lot different from their v1 counterparts, not sure where I messed up but the goal was to copy them to have the same effect. Anyone have ideas how I can modify so it’s more balanced? I know it’s discussed a lot on random topics but want to make one concise topic just to discuss balancing for these base evols

Here are the current code containing the buffs for each evol, incase you want to make specific suggestions:

Tank swordbattle.io/server/src/game/evolutions/Tank.js at main · codergautam/swordbattle.io · GitHub
Berserker swordbattle.io/server/src/game/evolutions/Berserker.js at main · codergautam/swordbattle.io · GitHub

Looking forward to hearing your ideas

4 Likes

Tank ability should do less damage u can kill like a 100k plus person when ur 5k with ability in literally 3 shots

4 Likes

tank def less damage during abil, beserker more damage during abil

3 Likes

but ain’t beserker about speed? why don’t u just make when using the ability you hits or cooldowns go faster

3 Likes

Tank Changes

- Health Regen; 12 => 8
- Knockback; 1.5 => 1.4 
+ Knockback resistance 1.5 => 1.75

Beserker Changes

+ Ability Duration; 7 => 10
+ Ability Cooldown; 60 => 50
+ Sword Damage; 1.2 => 1.3
+ Knockback resistance 1.1 => 1.3
+ Health Regen; 0 => 4
- Health Regen Wait; 0 => 2

(These changes mostly consist of small tweaks to beserker making its strengths stand out more and debuffing tank slightly.)

6 Likes

That’d probably be the best way to balance them without heavily changing the tank ability

5 Likes

yeah i like this idea

4 Likes

Can you clarify it which ones are ability changes and which ones are base changes for example tank you say to reduce health Regen but use the ability values?? Thanks

4 Likes

All of the changes are for when the ability is activated. I should’ve mentioned that, my bad.

3 Likes

yeah i think tank is better still now. and now i think berserker is just for fun. wasd use tank and he already got 100k coins so fast HOW

1 Like

I disagree, respectfully. TANK helps balance the game so that the little guy can grind, evolve, and strategically take on a larger opponent, either through teaming, or skillfully PvP and rationing that ability.

The tank is slow and vulnerable to roaching and teaming. The ability to heal and increase damage helps balance that out in either engaging in combat or being able to slowly run away and have some health to fight another day!

1 Like

But if I are both tank tank is slow and the only way they kill u is using the ability because they are bad at pvp.

1 Like

Will tank ability damage be reduced?

1 Like

I think they are balanced enough, just give beserker more damage and regen

1 Like

Check the current version I implemented some of ur feedback

1 Like

rework all evolutions to only affect things other than damage and make damage and heath set to an amount where it takes 10 hits to kill someone

1 Like

My thoughts about regen in V2. I feel like adding a delay before healing could help make regen upgrades less broken. Main issue with regen is players being able to outheal your damage output, because they’re constantly healing.

2 Likes

I have a few ideas for some better balancing, which uses the current stats but balances them more to the pre-balance update ones and other changes, but idk if I should post it here cause its a lot

1 Like

Make a separate post about it?

1 Like

I think there is a regen cooldown iirc. It might be lower. Do you recall if it’s constant or is there a slight delay from hitting someone to them regenning

1 Like