How to counter abilities. (detailed explanation)

have you ever wondered how to counter abilities?

at times, it can be really annoying to have someone rush at you with an ability, especially when they have a better evolution than you. and if you don’t know how to counter, it can be pretty exasperating to break the combo they have on you.

so in this post, i’ll show you how to counter abilities.

(note that this is not the only way to do this, there are other ways as well)

so, the first thing that you are going to want to do when they start rushing you with the ability, wait until they are about to hit you. then, press w for a small amount of time, just a little tap, forward or backwards, it really doesn’t matter. this makes it so that you get either closer or farther away then they expected, so their reach will be put off as they will hit a little bit earlier/later than they expected would work.

this will cause you to get the first hit instead of them. at this point, you’re going to want to keep them in a combo, because plain pvp won’t work as their hits take more damage than normal - if you were to pvp normally and hit, say, a little more than half the hits, they would still kill you due to their heightened damage.

so after that hit, you are going to want to try to combo them. however, unlike what you might be used to in combos, you should w/s-tap as much as you can. strafe as well if you can, though it can be hard in some situations.

now, some people find it hard to keep combos. luckily, you don’t have to keep the combo until death. you just have to wait until their ability is over, in which case you can either continue comboing them, pvp regularly, or just use your own ability against their cooldown and trap them against the wall.

4 Likes

Ahh yes. Trick warrior evol so its massive swordwont hit u anyways

4 Likes

Cool trick with fisherman: its pull ability can be used to counter warrior’s ability. Warrior’s ability works best when you trap people against a wall or a corner, but if you use fisherman’s sword throw, you can use it to swap positions with the warrior, pulling them behind you into the corner. That way, you would no longer be in the corner, and the warrior could only knock you back. Saved my life once when I had to face multiple warriors.

Abilities that rely on spam clicking or rushing in like fisherman, knight, vampire, berserker can all be countered with well timed hits.

3 Likes

You can actually press any key, w a s or d because it depends on what direction your opponent is coming from.

2 Likes

Done this before, countered abilities quite easily, and i just kept away from them

2 Likes

You can also be smart eg. If you see a guy wasting his abil then you can attack him afterwards

5 Likes

What I do is if a juggernaut is trying to kill you, lure him into a corner (using fisherman and making sure he has already used his ability) throw your sword, put him in the corner, use your ability and get 100k coins. :+1:

3 Likes

Thats pretty helpful, thanks for the tip Gautam

2 Likes

I usually tend to main archergod, which means I don’t have to go near people trying to rush me with an ability, and the ability can be used to knock back (anti-rush) the person chasing you, and therefore allowing me to safely get away.

2 Likes

If you use archergod, a skilled player can easily use their ability and kill you, because of how little health it has

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.