How using backhand improves pvp. (full explanation!)

so recently, Moneyless has made a post regarding ways to get better in pvp:

and in it, moneyless mentioned a couple of key points. but one of them that stood out to me the most is his category on the backhand swing, used by Loler.

but i noticed that Moneyless didn’t really give a solid explanation to how it’s useful. so…here is my explanation, i created a new post because it might be a little of a long comment. i will link it there so people can see it if they want.

so, here is the full explanation for how backhand is useful in pvp.

the first reason why it gives you an advantage:

Accuracy and precision.

now, this is one of the main points of how backhand can be useful. this might not seem obvious at first, but think about it: if you are mainly holding click, and in order to hit once you double click, that gives you more time to gauge your opponent’s position, or predict where they will be once your double click is over.

next…

Improved reaction time.

this also may not seem obvious, but using backhand really does improve reaction time! the reason for this is simple. because auditory reaction time is faster than visual reaction time, when you double click to land a hit, it produces two hit sounds instead of one.

hope that cleared it up!

(i will link this to Moneyless’s topic for anyone who wants it)

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that the biggest advantage though is that it confuses your opponent and “can” make it harder for them to judge your distance.

3 Likes

This really isn’t a tutorial as I have no idea how to do backhand pvp after reading this

1 Like

instead of pressing down then pulling up your finger on the mouse, hold the mouse button down and then quickly release and hold down again to back swing

2 Likes

yes, i refered to that as “double clicking” in my post

Later on, backhand can be turned into delayed hits, which is a whole new thing

1 Like

This does not happen, because it still registers as one hit in the game. You cannot, because there is a swing cooldown, and doing that only makes you land two hits.
Also, how would it improve your reaction time, because if you saw a chance and took it, you would have to click twice, and I think that clicking twice is slower than clicking once.

1 Like

Ok so lemmme explain more abt the is “backhand smack from ur mom” thingy. So basically there is two different ways u can backhand. One of them is double clicking the other is holding and timing. I prefer double clicking since its more easy to do. Another thing is u should use longer swords. For example the suit skin or storm r good examples for this trick.

1 Like

Money i think he meant that he normally swung his sword then did a backhand it is possible

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.