Impersonation Problem

This is fricking terrifying.

Recently, impersonators on swordbattle have been getting out of hand. I know they’ve been around for a long time, but its starting to be a severe problem lately. I wouldn’t have had to make this topic if these guys just kept doing it as a joke and mentioned it was a joke, but that OBVIOUSLY is not what is happening. I have had multiple occasions of clear impersonators trying to pretend they are the real person of whoever is being impersonated. I’ve also seen multiple people pretend to be me to (what I would presume) try to negatively impact my reputation. It’s not funny. If this wasn’t happening digitally, this would be fricking identity fraud. Anyway, here are a few of them I’ve found so they can be addressed:

(Impersonating undefeat_games, the real acc is {CK}_Undefeat_games)

imageimage
(Both impersonating me)

I’ve seen much more, but I haven’t had a chance to screenshot them.

I do have a suggestion to stop people like this for a post-v2 update, though. There could be a way to verify your account as the real one. It could have a requirement of some amount of coins or maybe even some forum requirement, and once verified, there would be a badge next to your in-game name that shows who you are verified to be when you hover it (for a more simple example, if I was verified and hovered over my verification badge, it’d say something like “verified to be coolguy53”).

To actually verify yourself, there could either be in-game moderators that manually approve each request or there could be a way to verify yourself via this forum. Either way, a verification system like this would be far more effective than manually terminating each impersonator, as whats most likely going to happen is more will pop up after v2 and once swordbattle gets more popular, and therefore it’ll take much more time to terminate those accounts manually.

That’s just a suggestion, but I think swordbattle needs some update like that in the future that can stop these people.

1 Like

wait were u just on

1 Like

or was it a random person impersonating u

2 Likes

if my name wasn’t cool guy 53 it wasn’t me but yea I was on swordbattle like 10 minutes ago

1 Like

Its not that deep

1 Like

Just get on the leaderboard, they can’t impersonate your rank

1 Like

Lol coolguy 43

1 Like

Yeah, that is kinda true, but what about people that aren’t on the leaderboard? I know there are a ton of people who are well-known but aren’t on it, like some people on this forum. Also, even if you’re on the leaderboard, there are still newer and dumber people who’ll end up falling for these scams

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.