Introducing Advanced Communities feature!

Hello!

From now on, you are able to accurately manage which communities you are interested in and filter the rest out. This allows you to have a focused gaming experience with only the topics you care about.

Try it out!

Press Manage Communities in the top right and select your preferences.

Forums users who have not filled this are currently enabled to all IO Game related categories (unless you submit an empty form).

Note: your changes only apply to New topics meaning topics in non-selected categories you have participated in will still show up on your feed. You can remove this by going to the topic and press mute or stop tracking.

This feature is in beta, and we will likely be making improvements along the coming days.

More clarifications:

• For now, you can still manually switch categories and few topics in other sections of the forum and engage with them normally. This is normal and if you engage with a topic it will then be tracked and will show up in your main feed
  • Chats aren’t affected by this feature. If you want to leave a chat since you’re not interested in it, it’s possible by going here and leaving the channels you don’t want.
8 Likes

I’m more intrigued by the fact you can make announcements now… Has that always been a thing?

3 Likes

No, that’s new too! It’s the only category that the whole forum sees.

5 Likes

yessir!!! I was the first to test it

3 Likes

I haven’t played in months yet i keep getting these emails lol

from Novafly/SolarGlu

3 Likes

I saw you doing smth with a new channel in logs lol

4 Likes

You can turn off the emails in settings

5 Likes

I think I messed up when setting up the configuration and it sent every single person an email. :grimacing:

I was so confused why this hit 100+ views under and hour and still gaining.

I fixed it now and you will no longer receive any unnecessary emails.

6 Likes

thanks!

3 Likes

Ohhhh that’s why

3 Likes

I’m gonna do that one I get overwhelmed for now I’m gonna keep trying to read them all

3 Likes

Whenever you changed whatever it was, it force-changed my notification settings for this topic, lol.

4 Likes

I set it to watching accidentally

3 Likes

Y was i mot signed in

3 Likes

Nice! This is one of the main reasons why im still on the forum.

4 Likes

I thought you were leaving…?

1 Like

Kinda. Im going to be pretty inactive on the weekdays.

3 Likes

This feature is temporarily disabled while we develop a better alternative.

6 Likes

It’s back now, though I still am working on a better alternative

if you had previously set up your preferred categories you will need to do it again for it to update.

7 Likes

Wait, it’s a paid plugin, but you somehow got it for free? :eyes:

3 Likes