List of all the IO Game Portals to promote your IO Game

Hey guys, as an IO Game dev I find the #1 source of traffic being game portals, and it’s pretty hard to find portals that ACTUALLY respond to put your game so I’m making this list to help people promote their games, as per my opinion. & experience with them

If I missed any, feel free to reply. I’ll update this post from time to time with any new portals.

Thanks!

Recommended & responds (easiest to start with first):

iogames.space (owned by addictinggames, if ur having issues here/being ghosted DM me, I know a guy who works there)
itch.io
obfog.com
webgamer.io
coolmathgames.com (they have really strict submission rules though)
https://sites.google.com/view/iogames (really popular in schools)

Harder to get a response

iogames.onl
iogamesio.org
wtfgames.io
slitherio.online

REALLY hard to get a response

poki.com (biggest name in webgame industry atm)
crazygames.com (huge playerbase, used to be easier but almost impossible to get added these days)
io.games (non-existent owners?)

Misc / dead sites

iogames.top (fake vote counts, game list from iogames.space)
io-games.io (dead site)

Here is another list of more HTML5 game portals

5 Likes

This post is a work in progress, and I will slowly add more when I remember about them

Thanks for this list! I’m a bit new to the web portal space, having mostly worked on downloadable games, but I started with itch and newgrounds for my io game and although they didn’t bring a ton of traffic they still kicked things off and I was able to release there without waiting for emails or approvals from anyone.

I currently get about 50 players a day via itch, but it’s hard to tell whether that’s from itch itself or if it’s just players being redirected there from my game’s original website.

3 Likes

Can I see the game you made?!

Yeah sure!
https://captainforever.io

If that’s blocked for you, try one of these:
io.captainforever.com
cfio.farbs.org

3 Likes

Thanks I will check it out later!

1 Like

gah damn this looks rlly good

2 Likes

Glad to help! (tried your game btw, it’s super cool)

4 Likes

Cheers! And thanks for setting up a space for io devs to talk about our work. There don’t seem to be many of those.

3 Likes

Hey! Apologies for the shameless plug but wanted to add hahagames.com to the list. We check each and every request coming our way and are always happy to add new quality games to the site. IO games have been very popular with our audience.

You can request a game to be added at the bottom of the page via the “Request a game” function, by emailing contact at hahagames dot com or just by DMing me here.