New attack idea for sb

So I had an idea where you can charge your sword a the reales to do a spin attack. Also max evols will have an exclusive charge (example juggernaut dash and and fisherman can push them) ALSO THIS WAS NOT A KIRBY REFERENCE!!! Anyway @gautam reply plz

3 Likes

Hmmm i suppose this would be a good idea but

Would it be a kill count where once you get 10 kills you can use the ability?

Would it be a button?

Would it clutter the screen?

Would it be O.P for bigger players?

How big would spin attacks range be?

Does it affect all in a certain radius?

2 Likes

Yes but lets say if you were juggernaut could you not just use it in the middle and kill all the tiny people???

But i need this lots!!!
Great Idea!!!
:+1:

2 Likes

Can someone explain in a civilized manner?

3 Likes

I’ll try my best.

So Tranxivity is proposing for a charged attack to be added into the game, which would go alongside with the sword throwing and swinging in-game. I’m assuming that in order to activate it, you would need to hold the attack button for a certain amount of time. Upon releasing the attack button, this charged attack would probably result in the player doing a “spin attack”, which would probably look like an area attack surrounding the player (kind of like Valkyrie in Clash Royale or smth, idk). As Anakin Skywalker once said, “I’ll try spinning - that’s a good trick”.

Each final evolution would have a unique feature to their spin attack. For example, a juggernaut would dash forward while a fisherman would deal knockback.

I do like the idea of evolutions having their own unique, secondary ability, since it may help evolutions seem even more unique? but idk. I don’t think spin attacks would be practical, and charged attacks may be overused. I feel like sword swings and throws are already perfect.

3 Likes

bad idea .

1 Like

wow, all of shadow’s effort for a 2 word answer

1 Like

In terms of charges attacks, rather than a spin, it could be something else. For jugger, will make a small dash when released. Fisher can spin and knock enemies back. Archer god can charge to dash back and throw. What I’m really going for, only set these for t3. Incentivized people to reach higher levels, and would make combat much more interesting. Also makes fighting small people easier. Dash to get outta the way, spin to knock back. It helps to stop tinies from ganging up, or simply being an annoyance. For any other class, simply increase the damage or smth. In terms of clutter, there can be a small counter next to the ability button, which will show the cooldown. When it disappears, charged ready. As the ability is somewhere most people already look at, this will be a great place to put it. In terms of it being OP, the fisher should only knock back, no damage. Archers auto throw does no more damage than a normal throw, and the dash should be small with a greater cooldown. And Juggers dash has a greater cooldown, and isn’t that much. Maybe one block.

1 Like

And a full stop

1 Like

bruh, cant u atleast put more effort into saying bad idea, like generously declining his offer

1 Like

i respectfully sd not agree with this idea because it does not seem to fit in well with the current version of the game and seems like it would make the game far too un understandable. Furthermore, it seems to be the opposite of easy to code

Tldr: Not a good idea

1 Like

I generously proclaim its not a good idea

1 Like

there you go!

1 Like

That.

1. It’s very hard to code
  2. @gautam would not want to add this to the game
  3. It would complicate the game, swordbattle.io is known for it’s simplicity.
  4. The characters already have enough mobility, imagine how abusable the fisherman would be.
  5. And of course, it does not fit with the game.
3 Likes

@gautam What do you say?

1 Like

So what i said…
Also because parrying will be added and basic attacks shudnnt be overloaded with too many

3 Likes

Lets ask @gautam

1 Like

this sounds too much like breath of the wild and yohoho.io IMO

1 Like

Yes but that is a good thing because both are great games so using some of there ideas would make swordbattle.io better. Would it now?
:thinking:

1 Like

Sb is based off of yohoho sont make it a compelte copy

5 Likes