Rate the ads in Iogames.forum

For the past few days I have been experimenting with different types of ad formats and seeing how it affects the revenue of this site. I will never focus on ads > users, since I believe that in the long term having moderate ads increases engagement and therefore increases revenue.

Now I want honest advice on the ads and how I can improve them:

Rate the ads currently
0 voters

In the reply section, please let me know 1. What is the most annoying type of ad in the Forum currently. and 2. what are some suggestions to make ads more tolerable (note: this is not just remove all ads, I need to pay server costs)

Thanks for helping me improve the ads.

7 Likes

Please note that I will never force upon you Video or Anchor ads (the ads that stick to your screen ). They are not very user friendly and super annoying especially when using the site for a long time. I will experiment with them though to find a balance.

6 Likes

I hate the chunky ads. Like the REALLY big fat box ones that come and push all topics except the first two to beyond ur sight.
The naked lady ads just make my eyes burn
I think that maybe you should add a button so you can click x and the ad will didappear with no trace left. It can ofc respawn in like 10s but ye

4 Likes

lol adblocker moment

3 Likes

Ive been ad free due to school ad blocker that i can’t remove

2 Likes

Lol when I clicked on this I got an ad. Ok, so the ads im fine with are the ad videos in the corner of the screen, as long as they don’t play sound. Also, the ads that pop up and you can close immediatly are fine. Basically, what im saying, ads are fine right now on the forum, however the ads in swordbattle are a different thing whatsoever. So, the skipable ads are fine, but the thing is, while the ad is playing, then after 3 seconds, it just stops playing. I dont pause it but it pauses itself, and I cant unpause it either. The only thing I can do is reload.

2 Likes

Please report those beach ads I’ve been getting them too, they’re super annoying, I don’t understand how Google lets that slide. They’re one of the highest bidders so I guess that has something to do with it… I got rid of 2 of their campaigns but they have like 20 of them and it’s hard to manage.

4 Likes

I do. Theyre coming less now

2 Likes

Make it so the adds are 1 pixel big and you get payed but we dont see it :) inf money hack

1 Like

Why ads mid topic?

2 Likes

you see some of the problems is that they are very sexual because most of them are just bad games with anime girls wearing tight cloths and i really dont want to see it.

4 Likes

Yeah I now have a temu add above your message

3 Likes

Ive been getting more inappropriate adds lately. If you can, you should find a way to remove them.

4 Likes

I don’t get ads hahahaha

2 Likes

the ad I hate the most is the one that pops up and takes up half the screen, sure you can close it but its just annoying to have to deal with. the other ad thats annoying is the video ad. it pops up constantly and takes up a corner of the screen the best ads imo are the ones that are stationary and dont effect the forum that much

2 Likes

also the ones covering the reply or post button

2 Likes

removed that, it’s called vignette

yeah the video ad is really effective but also annoying I will see if I can find better ways to integrate it, thanks.

3 Likes

there should be none covering those, can you send a screenshot?

3 Likes

sure next time i get one, sometimes a get no ads sometimes i get a lot

3 Likes

idk the most annoying cuz im using an ad blocker LOL BUT im assuming its probobly the one that pops up the msot

2 Likes