Swordbattle v3 Developement Log

Update 1.0.0

Game Design Document(GDD)

Game Context:

• The game will be made in Unity 2021 LTS, CS(C# or CSharp)
  • Target Audience: Sb forum; Chromebook/WebGL build
    The game will use Photon Fusion(100 CCU) for realtime game and for private 1v1’s or potential lobbies
  • Assets(including cosmetics, environment, shaders, materials, animations, etc) will be made in blender, by ProPVP
  • Roles: Harsh(main dev), ProPVP(design and partial dev). Thanks to forum community for support and ideas.

Overall Features:

• Game will be made in 3D
  • Skins and Swords won’t be together and can be equipped based on user’s liking
  • MMORPG Style with limited time in game quests and missions in and out of game, saved progress and much more
  • 5 or 6 new biomes added
  • Lot of interactivity
  • Medium high poly graphics
  • Optimizable settings for performance but ensures high graphics simultaneously
  • v1 pvp
  • More realistic effects for certain quality settings
  • Custom private Mirror networking peer to peer 1v1’s. First round is random whether one is server or client and based on performance last round is given to lowest performance to provide opportunity
  • New bosses and mobs + includes story from release
  • POV: Third Person

Biomes:

1. All time accessible biomes

1. Grass Biome
      1. This biome will be just like v2 grass biome but much better
    2. Snow + Ice(bergs) Biome
      1. This biome will be just like v2 ice biome but with cooler effects, UX, UI and more detail
    3. Rocks + Lava Biome
      1. This biome will be just like the v2 lava biome but with more rocks, more natural creations, like volcanoes. more better effects, UX, UI and more detail
  2. Limited Biomes

1. Enchanted Isle
      1. A new fantasy type biome have trees with thorns (no damage) and fairies that go around that are passive but when u attack they mob you with spells. Derived with better effects, UX, UI, and more detail
    2. Dessert
      1. A new realistic biome that has realistic effects, quick sand that can kill you when inactive for long, and cactus that hurt. Derived with better effects, UX, UI, and more detail
    3. Illusia
      1. A new fantasy mixed with sci-fi biome that have distortions, time dilation, map dilation, teleportation, mirages, etc. Derived with cooler effects(transparent trees or tp around), UX, UI and more detail
    4. Forbidden Island
      1. A new biome that will be used for updates purpose, can be used for progressions for upcoming updates/events in storyline of game, and more. Derived for UX.

Mechanics:

• Movement Mechanics:
      • Sliding
        • Hold on ctrl
      • Jumping
        • Space key or south gamepad button
      • Movement + Looking
        • Looking is straightforward. Movement: Code will calculate the force/keydown or up on movement keys to apply accordingly
      • Strafing
        • Hold on Vertical and Horizontal Axises
      • Sprinting
        • Hold on shift
    • Combat Mechanics:
      • PvP mechanics will be thoroughly and uniquely designed for skill. When a movement key is clicked once it will provide momentum for the swing
      • Throwing and Blocking:
        • Throwing is available and can be used as a block to other throws or hits
    • Interaction Mechanics:
      • Chests will be interactable with swords
      • Quests will be interactable with the interact key
    • Progression Mechanics:
      • Gameplay will be saved once death
    • Exploration Mechanics:
      • Code will periodically check for XP amounts and whether a biome is explorable
    • Social Mechanics:
      • There will possibly a Interactable chat section to chat with people. Note: Chat will have filters
    • Currency Mechanics:
      • New currency: Swordartz in short sdz or sdtz
7 Likes

I like it great idea too bad i have no power over this stuff

1 Like

How much of this is actually done and how much of this is wishful thinking…

3 Likes

Yea because every dev plans before they get into work. Nothing will work if u just jump right into the code, u should know this as a coder??? I mean you have1000 replit followers i’d really thought u’d know this??:thinking:

1 Like

Let’s be realistic about this. This is a lot. It’s going to take months, maybe years to finish. Especially since it’s only 2 ppl working on it.

2 Likes

Plus I’ve already stated in previous topics that school collided with this project, so I couldn’t get much done. And idk who told u that It was gonna be done in one day because nobody did, its obv gonn take months or years. Ik its two people but all this stuff is simplified If i rather have done it without using a game engine.

2 Likes

Well, gl on it. It seems like a massive project.

1 Like

so basically krunker with melee combat?

I’ve never played krunker so i’m not sure bout your comparision

the movement controls are too complicated! just keep the jumping and sprinting nothing new!

2 Likes

Is this official?

1 Like

Yes

LETS GO!!! Plz tell me ya’ll considering my fire skin ideas and would be open to more concepts and ideas, as I can help the developers get new ideas and help fill in story blanks and what not. I’m sooo hyped,G.

Well since the game is in 3d(if you didn’t know yet), ideas will be taken into consideration but it’s going to take a while for ProPVP to make them. Like your hype, keep it up! :D

2 Likes

Got it, G!

at least it is third person. I suck at 3d games.

1 Like

Vr mode please pookie?

this looks insane! really hope you guys are motivated to finish it!!!

1 Like