The most *underrated* pvp method

yeah, i think i found the most underrated pvp method…

(note: this is mostly for winning trades)

basically, act like you want to go in for a “single” hit to disrupt trading, but press s mid-movement and instead just w-tap your way into comboing your opponent after they hit you.

this works because if you go in for a “single” hit in some situations, they will anticipate that, and put you into a combo.

that’s why using this method, you can win more trades…

how does this work for you guys?

STOP MAKING SO MANY TOPICS!!!
Also I didn’t know sb pvp was this deep, i mainly just chase people and hope i get lucky with lag and players

1 Like

yea same I thought it was just timing determines your melee skill and accuracy determines your throwing skill

This sounds exactly like how you would fake out an attack: pretend you’re going in for a hit, fall back a little, have your opponent miss their swing, and go back in for the hit when their sword is on cooldown.

If this is what you’re describing, it’s not an underrated PVP method at all. In fact, it’s to the contrary. That’s how most, if not all, pro players 1v1. If this isn’t what you’re describing, can you try explaining it again in more detail?

Also, something that I haven’t been really understanding in these posts of yours is the combos you talk about. With the knockback in swordbattle, you can’t get hits in quick succession, which is how I interpret the word “combo” in games.

I’m assuming that by “combo”, you mean being unable to hit your opponents? Combos would indicate two things. Either you have inferior timing to your opponent, or you have poor movement. A person 1v1ing should know to prevent this by throwing their sword for knockback while moving back in order to recollect a little, and go back into fight trying to hit earlier.

combos aren’t really a technical thing in swordbattle, its just that you are better than your opponent and have better timing, like shadowblade is saying

1 Like

This is what I’ve been thinking but I’m not that good at PvP so I didn’t say much

i would agree, except this is more of a variant of faking out an attack. for example, instead of rushing them and pressing s last-moment i might want to, instead of trade hits, land a single hit which disrupts the opponent’s timing, then pretend to rush again and tap s.

it is more about faking them out, how you landed a hit before, so they expect you to come back to hit again.

again, i agree with you about the fact that the method you are talking about is not underrated. in fact, like you said, a lot of pvpers use this method a lot!

instead, this is a sort of variant to it where you land a hit, disrupting their timing, then retreat a little, and then appear to land another hit of the same nature but instead falter, leaving their defenses open.

i used to think that i could only combo when i had only a little coins, which is when the hit cooldown is shorter, but i now know that you can combo any time, with any amount of coins.

a combo just means a sucsession of hits against an opponent without them being able to hit you back. this can be performed anytime as long as the opponent is facing towards you and attempting to fight back.

with your larger size it might even be considered “easier” to land combos.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.