the problem with my channel.

so most of you guys prolly know that i have an sb youtube channel.

and some of you have maybe noticed i havent uploaded in a while…why? well, it’s simple.

first of all, i have little inspiration and video ideas. i could use all of my topics from the forum, but then the forum people who have already seen those topics wouldn’t watch. but, apart from that, the main problem is this:

i have the mind of a content creator to be sure, and that is shown by my huge amount of topics and all the different ideas that are shown.

but…i am just not meant for good editing and recording. let’s admit it, the quality is not the best, and i dont know how to get better.

i dont even have access to the good features, as i use the web version of capcut as i cant use the app version.

(i am working on a vid, but who knows when it will come out)

so, for this reason, i may quit. for those who dont want me to quit, you can help by giving video suggestions/ideas, and helping me improve my editing/thumbnail skills.

thanks…i will keep you updated.

incog out.

5 Likes

Capcut has a browser version?

5 Likes

Maybe do something other than swordbattle… :person_shrugging:

Diversifying your content is the best way to grow your channel!

For editing/thumbnail, make sure you highlight whats important with the video.

4 Likes

Making various different content on your channel will make the algorithm promote your channel and your videos less

I would explain it but I don’t feel like it right now maybe later

6 Likes

really? I feel like i always see variety channels go trending…

4 Likes

My thoughts are this

1. You make video
    1b. Audience likes this video
  2. You make similar video 3-4 more times
    2b. Your audience subs for this content
  3. You didn’t make new video cuz demotivation :frowning:
    3b. YouTube algorithm promotes old videos because of audience
  4. You make different style video
    4b. The audience doesn’t like this video that was recommended to them and skips
    4c. YouTube sees your viewers don’t like the video and therefore thinks the vid is bad
  5. You are stuck in loop have fun getting out :D
6 Likes

Usually they follow the trends rather than make them and the trends will be quite broad allowing the audience to ease in? I’m not an expert lol this is just guesses

5 Likes

I think I see what you mean. The only problem is that incognitoes channel wouldn’t be able to grow very well because it would be based on a niche game with a small community. From what I know his channel isn’t very big so if he switches now, it probably won’t be that big of an issue for him.

4 Likes

Yea that is also what I was thinking it should be less hard on him if he switches now.

6 Likes

Kinda how my YT channel goes, it’s a variety of most Black Ops games, like BO3 and Cold War, i’ll maybe do some more besides that

5 Likes

I mean they are all call of duty games after all so they are similar but that gives me the impression that maybe iogames are similar enough for viewers to be interested?

6 Likes

Maybe, i’m just doing most of a variety of games to see how my channel goes

3 Likes

yes hahah

3 Likes

like what? rn i only have acess to web games (io games) bcuz of the computer im on

yeah i get that but like how do i make it visually appealing and engaging?

4 Likes

…uh oh…

:skull: lets not get stuck in that loop//

4 Likes

ye lol seems accurate-ish

4 Likes

yeah makes sense but, again, what would i switch to?

4 Likes

One way you can make your editing better is by cutting long boring parts to retain views attention. If your not doing something interesting or saying something interesting on the camera, don’t keep it in the video.

3 Likes

alright, noted

4 Likes

You could switch to io games in general. Like you play all sorts of them and review them instead of playing just swordbattle.io.
Another thing you could do is make yt shorts about the games you play. its a great way to get new people interested in your channel

4 Likes