V2 Evolution Tree [CONCEPT]

Once upon a time, Swordbattle had no evolutions. The combat system was bland and spammy, and fights were determined by who clicked faster. Then, witnessing the brutality, two heavenly figures descended from — well — the heavens.

(Evolution Tree #1)

These figures, called “Tank” and “Berserker” paved the way for more of their kind, heralding in “Warrior”, “Rook”, “Knight”, “Samurai”(gets re-added later), and “Vampire”. And for a long time, it stayed that way.

(Evolution Tree #2)

Then, even more joined the fray. Archer, Lumberjack, Archergod, Juggernaut (Formerly Bodybuilder), and Fisherman all first made an appearance in the spring update, and made the formerly organized evolution tree quite convoluted.

(Evolution Tree #3)

And then, (finally) the long-sought V2 update released, reverting the evolution tree back to this:

(Evolution Tree #4)

Now, we have a clean slate.

Truly anything could be made from this. Here is one such idea:

(Evolution Tree CONCEPT)

Now, in this idea, there are 17 NEW evolutions. I won’t give too much detail, but I’ll briefly explain each new one.

Leecher

An evolution with little to no natural regen, has high lifesteal and is not particularly strong or tanky. Possesses above-average speed, and almost no KB resistance.

Revenant

Possesses very high speed/attack speed. Its ability makes it much larger, and almost no attack cooldown for 3 seconds. Very fragile.

Parasite

Has no natural regen (still can be changed with regen upgrade) and has very high lifesteal. Smaller than normal, moderately tanky (Warrior levels), and has quite high damage. Almost no KB resistance.

Thief

Deals extra damage when hitting something in the back. Average size, high speed, and below-average damage. Above average attack speed. Its ability makes it invisible on the minimap for 20 seconds.

Rogue

High damage, high attack speed, and high speed. Everything else is… pretty bad. Its ability makes it invisible (not on the minimap), and once it is hit, or it hits something, it becomes visible. Deals even more damage when hitting something in the back.

Slayer

Ever seen a Lumberjack? It’s a glass cannon… right? Wrong. You haven’t seen the Slayer! Mobs wreck it, but it wrecks them back. About 1.35 size, so pretty large. Great for grinding.

Artemis

The non-spam version of the Archer line. Has an increased throw cooldown, and less throw damage than Archergod, but can actually fight with a sword. Its ability increases its swing’s knockback, makes it tiny, and grants it the ability to 2-shot moose with throws.

Whirlwind

The resident rushdown character. Smaller than average, pretty decent survivability (can run away from most fights), and has incredible attack speed. This evolution’s combos can be classified as “cyberbullying”.

Guard

The best way to describe the guard is “discount Rook”. Large, slow, decent damage, and a health pool similar to that of about 5 Slayers.

Botanist

Please don’t ask me what this does. I had to find something remotely related to the name Lumberjack.

Logger

Lumberjack, but with an even longer hit and throw cooldown and even crazier damage.

Trawler

Fisherman’s Pull + Archergod’s throw cooldown = this abomination. It has a pretty bad ability, basically nerfed knight, but it has a much better attack and throw cooldown.

Biologist

Pretty average stats around the board, but its ability makes all nearby animals your friends, and they hit hurt anyone who attacks you (or if you attack them). I can see this being annoying.

Trapper

Can build a wall as its ability. Again, pretty average stats.

[NOTE: To get Trapper, you would need to get to the level that you would unlock other Tier 3 evolutions as a default]

Architect

Trapper, but the wall has spikes and deals damage on contact.

Hunter

You can place down a bear trap as your ability, dealing damage to anyone who walks in, heavily slowing them down.

Remember, this is just a concept. I’m not banking on any of these actually getting in (lol, ik my ideas generally suck), but this is just to show how much potential this new tree has.

I’m making this a wiki, so anyone can edit in their own ideas for an evolution tree design.

EVO TREE IDEAS BELOW:

6 Likes

Very cool I like how if you just stay as default you get rewarded with a “secret” evolution

Erm

What is it prookl?

too many ebolutions

Doesn’t realmz have more than this though?

realmz pvp isn’t cookie clicker
so its good to have more classes

Dang bruh I’ve been working on something exactly like this for a while now and I was gonna post it tommorow

I’ll just post it here then once its done

Well, Me and my friends are gonna try to come up with combos for all of the paths whether they are added or not *pained eyes :)

Ty for making this really we need to figure out a way first of all for not having 2^n evolutions. Like if we wanted to make a 5th evolution tree there shouldn’t be the need for 30+ evolutions.

Other than that this idea is really good and I can see something like this implemented

1 Like

(thanks wasd for making this a wiki, lol)

I completely agree. However, for the evolution tree in the spring update, the implementation left a lot to be desired. Sure, you succeeded in your goal, to not add tons of evolutions, but, as a result, the evolution tree became quite convoluted.
It was hard to remember each path, and it would have been easier if

a) The evolution paths were more closely related

b) The evolution paths were less scattered, and the tree could have been drawn in a somewhat symmetrical manner

This concept tree fixes both problems, but has

A way I see to fix this is to reduce the amount of Tier 2 evolutions to three instead of four (Default is Tier 0, Tank & Berserker are Tier 1, so on). Maybe it could look something like this:

Again, I don’t really know how to stop the tree from spiraling into exponential growth while simultaneously retaining symmetry and relating each evolution to its predecessors.

Thanks for the feedback, though!

1 Like

just make the classes really op and you need tons of levels for them

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.