WebOsu 2.0! Is now, officially, the *only* touch compatible Osu! web recreation, and the *only* possible way to play Osu! on IOS!

If you don’t know, WebOsu 2.0! Is a fork of some guy’s code that is a pretty nice js recreation of Osu!

Unfortunately, it was shut down. Not only that, but https://webosu.online, the closest functioning fork of the original project, has terrible graphics and, for some reason, is missing some features.

Which is why I decided fork the original project and maintain it myself, as I have done in WebOsu 2.0!

Now we’re at the present time, I have implemented an old not-yet-merged pull request from the original project into my own, with some modification. This new code allows for WebOsu 2.0 to work on mobile, with touch screens. And also makes it the very first version of Osu! that can be played on iPad and iPhone (no current Osu! version exists for IOS), a very exciting prospect.

There are two ways you can play Osu! with a touchscreen:

• The first, you tap the circles as you would expect.
  • The second, you have two fingers on the screen. The finger placed on the screen first will be used as a cursor, allowing you to move the cursor around the screen. The second will be used for tapping, this finger can be placed anywhere on the screen. In this method, you aim with one finger and tap with the other (as a professional Osu! player would with a keyboard and tablet(the drawing kind)/mouse.

So, go ham! The game’s always up at WebOsu 2.0!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, please help us find issues & you can contribute to the code here: GitHub - Mostlime12195/webosu-2.0

3 Likes

I aint readin allat but yippie

TLDR: WebOsu 2.0 now supports touchscreens and can be used to play Osu! for the first time on IOS.

1 Like

All yall that got issues on IOS with the “downloading” of hitsounds should now rest assured that it’s all fixed. All IOS users should be able to enjoy Osu! bug-free now.