WebOsu! v0.2.0 is now out!

WebOsu! 0.2.0 is out now!

It hasn’t even been a week and I’ve already pushed out several updates for WebOsu!

Of course, I will not be going into detail about what I added in my previous post, four days ago. But a quick TLDR is that I added touch support & IOS support.

But since that post, a plethora of new things have come.

In this post, I will only be talking about the main two: Better refined contributing features in Github, and an API switch from SayoBot to Mino.

Now, it might not seem too exciting, but it does provide more than it looks.

I’ll start with the API switch, as it has drastically improved what a couple users have complained about, as well as a generally much better experience.

Our API switch from SayoBot to Mino was a big one, as it required me to reformat a lot of the code. Luckily, https://webosu.online, the creators of Mino, have their source code open to the public, so big thanks to them for making my life a lot easier.

SayoBot is a Chinese-only API, even their webpage isn’t fully translated to English (and has Chinese as the default.) This means a lot of their popularity sorting was geared more towards beatmaps not well known in the English osu! community. This was one of our biggest complaints (grand total of two people!), but the new Mino API gives much better known beatmaps.

The new Mino API is also international, and have several servers around the globe, so unlike SayoBot, your connection speed is not connected to if you live in Asia or not. People in America can expect an increase in download speed.

We also added a new “randomised” beatmap section, which gives you a random assortment of beatmaps every time you refresh the page, great for discovery.

Also expect a significantly better search feature. The new API doesn’t show as many beatmaps, but they are far higher quality (finally found a skibidi toilet beatmap, vid at the bottom of the page.)

Now, for those that wish to contribute:

We now have a reformed repository branch structure, adhering to naming principles. We have added a code of conduct, security policy, and most importantly: a contribution.md file.

The new contribution.md file explains what contributions we accept (anything from writing issues, to improving docs, to localising languages, to even writing code that’ll be incorporated within WebOsu!) As well as what will be expected from you. It explains how to contribute to the project, as well as a quick guiding-path for those new to contributing in the project, or even to open-source projects in general. We detail how your PR will be reviewed and what will happen, as well as where to further discuss contributing to the project. The full CONTRIBUTING.md file can be seen here.

You can play the game at our new link, https://webosu-2.github.io.

Find our Github and contribute to the open-source project at GitHub - WebOsu-2/webosu-2.github.io: A JS web-compatible recreation of osu!

edit: forgot to mention this, but you can see the “full” changelog here: v0.2.0 minor update by Mostlime12195 · Pull Request #6 · WebOsu-2/webosu-2.github.io · GitHub

Also would love to give a thanks to the good folk at https://webosu.online for their code, as they have made my transition to Mino far simpler.

Now, the Skibidi Toilet beatmap you’ve been waiting for:

1 Like

For this reason only i will never play this

Oh, I could only find a single map for this. The osu! community is a lot more sane than you think.

EDIT: you guys asked for this. I gave you what you wanted.

P.S. Guys, if you have issues with the cursor being too large, go to settings and turn on “raw cursor input” and it’ll be a temp fix while I actually try to fix it. You should def keep raw cursor input on though, as it allows for much more acc movements. Only reason it isn’t default is because some devices bug out with it.

yay!

Hotfix 1 is out. Fixed the issue of the cursor being too big & not changing in size based on settings when “Raw cursor input” is off. Preview audio also now stops as soon as you start a game (instead of playing over the game) (very annoying).

Not much of a "Hot"fix since it took me two weeks.

The next 0.x.0 update will include a setting to switch to SayoBot from Mino if you prefer it/it has beatmaps that you like that aren’t in Mino. It may also have the ability to import custom skins/hitsounds.

Why is it so slow

Slow as in download speed? Or laggy in general?

To be able to play osu maps, you download the beatmap before playing. This is required.

Download speed