Why do i like swordbattle.io so much?

so ever since i discovered swordbattle.io, i have taken an immidate liking to it.

but why, im thinking now? why did i take such an interest in swordbattle.io?

and i think, after some thinking, i do have my answer.

so, as i remember, i used to prefer 2d games to 3d games. i liked games related to combat, but i never liked shooter games. and so eventually i came across some websites that had a particular style of swordbattle.io…yohoho.io and taming.io.

and no, they weren’t vaguely similar. they were almost identical, not kidding at all when i say that:

yohoho.io: basically swordbattle.io but with bots and a charged hits attack, along with pets and an advancing poisonous gas.

then we have taming.io, which is swordbattle.io but with a slightly different character, plus it’s much more complicated then both swordbattle.io and yohoho: with pets, items, buildings, powerups, bases, and weapons.

i soon found that i prefered yohoho.io as it was much more simple than taming.io, so i began to grind yohoho.io.

this continued for perhaps two months. that was when i realized i liked the sword concept and the look of the game more than the gameplay. so i began searching up online “games with swords,” “swordfight online game,” etc.

and thus i found swordbattle.io. i’ve stuck to it ever since: it’s my main game i play nowadays, apart from minecraft.

(just thought this was an interesting post to write about, lemme know what you think!)

1 Like

Thats pretty interesting actually

1 Like

I played yohoho a lot years ago. I was so disappointed when I found out they were all bots.

3 Likes

Ive always liked swordbattle io due to its simplicity. That’s provided a charm that I haven’t seen many games be able to replicate.

1 Like

yeah i think that was one of the reasons i love sb - its simplistic, undefeated charm

1 Like

I hope v2 will still retain that

taming.io is just a remake of moomoo.io since moomoo is dead and plagued with hackers, taming is more in the line of moomoo-style games with sploop.io and others instead of swordbattle-style games

right, sploop.io is basically moomoo.io but 10x easier

Swordbattle was actually meant to be a yohoho ripoff but with real life players, but evolved a lot.

It’s ironic actually I got the idea for sb when I saw 5 people in my class joining yohoho at the same time to try to get into the same game, I figured it out it was all bots from my first game (tried turning off wifi and it works fine lol) and never bothered playing that ever since (its fully client sided)

5 Likes

moomoo.io combat :skull: compared to that taming.io is much better

I diep, areas or taming over sb (no ban please)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.