Adding Swordbattle.io to Crazygames and other large networks

Now that the V2 update of swordbattle is out of the way I want to start promoting swordbattle more.

My main goal right now is to launch on Crazygames, it has a huge audience and I think if launch there goes well we can easily double/triple the community. But it will be hard, since Crazygames is known to be strict and only promotes if people like the game and has high engagement and they also have a strict review process where they reject games without giving any feedback at all. (I applied for crazygames during early stages of V1, and was rejected for no reason)

I just want to fix a few main things before making a new build of the game just for Crazygames.

• Add europe server, Im guessing a lot of europeans are also on CrazyGames and game needs to be smooth for them
  • Fix sword hit reg - still not fully fixed, will make it a lot better really soon.
  • Skins - need to add the first skin update
  • Make bots less aggressive
  • Add a basic interactive tutorial
  • Balance current evolutions and hopefully add one more level of evols, so it gives an incentive for people to keep playing

I know there are some other bugs but they affect a small percent of the playerbase I’m not going to bother about them for now until I have more time.

If I missed something major let me know, and I will be using this topic to give updates on the promotion.

I will be integrating their SDK for a seamless experience for Crazygames players, but will give updates on that soon.

15 Likes

OH MY GOD YESSSS
I love crazy games :D

4 Likes

Crazygames might be the most popular game website besides ones like poki and stuff so this might be a really big promotion

6 Likes

Poki is the endgame goal but its super hard to even reach those guys

7 Likes

When is the expected date to send it to Crazy games? Also when will the skin update be?

3 Likes

I’m planning to do all these changes by end of this week to make the crazygames build next week, so hopefully sometime then.

4 Likes

I do not forget @anon76426101

5 Likes

Another Thing That I (Not saying you have to) would make the Forum button on the swordbattle Larger so more people notice it and join the community

2 Likes

Btw bots never give up and they roach you now so if you get rid of those features it would be nice

1 Like

hasnt happend yet :yawning_face:

1 Like

Oh, I used to play on there all the time. I think it would be a perfect idea!

1 Like

@gautam :

unnamed

not quite there rn

2 Likes

Just optimizing the game these days so its faster and works better for everyone, so sorry that this is taking longer than expected. Will update soon!

6 Likes

its ok, we’ve waited over a year for v2, we’re pretty patient

1 Like

Somehow…

4 Likes

Ok so I think my new approach is going to be to add to some of the smaller game distribution networks before going to crazygames since it seems overwhelming to implement their whole alternate accounts system (they want people to be able to play using their crazygames account without any hassle and store progress and skins etc) so gonna start with some of the easier ones first.

First up we have https://gamemonetize.com their SDK looked easy to integrate so gonna do that tomorrow will update how it goes!

Note: I will still use Adinplay ads for players playing from direct link+major portals, Game monetize ads look kinda sketch and only have 45% rev cut for me which is terrible compared to 70% and non scammy ads by Adinplay, I will just use Game monetize SDK/Ads when playing from their network aka the new players.

Not to mention most of the games there are low quality but still I’m gonna try to put it on their network since they claim to have 7000+ portals using their games

4 Likes

I’m having trouble finding motivation to do updates like evolutions so hoping to get some by adding to these portals and all (and also improving the upgrade system). Hope you guys understand.

Evols skins clans coming very soon tho once I add to these networks.

I’m really curious how well the game performs (assuming I get accepted) because no other dev has done an actual review about it but plenty use the network to upload their games so I will be the first?

4 Likes

Try iogames.onl

Please we all support you :slight_smile:

Already added there, I’m mainly trying the bigger networks vs. individual portals where all I have to do is email them. Networks are where you actually have to make a build for them and use their ad system and in return they will put your game on many smaller portals. I would consider Crazygames a network since it has a ton of traffic and they require a custom build w ads.

3 Likes