Advanced PVP Tutorial for Swordbattle.io (V1 Only)

Okay, a long while back this was made, Swordbattle.io PVP #tutorial which basically explained the evolutions and some basic PVP strats. Now I have made an advanced PVP tutorial which I will break down into these three sections,

• Sword and hit timing
  • Evol Ability
  • Player Movement

Sword

First up, never spam your sword unless you are small (and want to roach, which you shouldn't) or you are using an ability that allows you to. Next, keep your aim on your opponent. This will help you keep track of your opponent and hit them easier. (Unless you are using one of the obscure strategies I will talk about later) Then, as you are tracking your opponent, hit and swing your sword when they are in range and get a well-timed hit. Make sure they are not too close and not too far. This is fundamental for all types of swordbattle PVP. Once you get this down, you can use other methods to get even better. Every time you level up and get bigger in game, your hitbox for the sword changes as well, so you have to keep that in mind. Now, I believe the only way to develop good timing is to practice. It doesn't matter if your movement is super good, (which I will talk about later) but you have horrible timing. Then you are making your opponent vulnerable but not being able to take advantage of that. You can throw the sword by right-clicking, and this is useful for getting extra damage and/or keeping your opponent away. As soon as your throw cooldown ends and you can throw again, you should. This can stop your opponent from regaining health, which is a critical part of PVP that can change the outcome of a fight. A good combo is going in for a hit, and while you are close to your opponent so you can maximize your chances of hitting, you also throw, which causes good damage.

Obscure Strategies

*Note, these strategies I personally don't use often but are by other skilled people. @Loler Strat/Backhand Swing Now I actually don't really know what this is called, someone once referred it to me as Loler's PVP strategy, but I don't really know. It's basically where you hold down left click and then double click so then you still swing. It's kind of like a backhand swing which I presume the main reason is to confuse your opponent. I don't really know, someone please tell me. Here's the video and you can see that @Frager201 (Rip Fager) is using the backhand strategy. https://www.veed.io/view/99296326-05b3-48b1-8636-774026bde61a?sharingWidget=true&panel=share

SPINJITSU
Now this was a method I used a couple of times and it’s basically doing a spin after every hit you get. Mostly it is used to teach some people a lesson and to never fight you ever again, or to show off and be flashy.

Evolution Ability

Your evol's ability, which you can use by clicking the star in the bottom left, is an important part of PVP in swordbattle. Now, sometimes, when two people are doing a 1v1, they might not allow using their ability because they want a fight with raw skill. Now, you should know the evolutions' abilities by now, so let's get into it. Let's take a look at the warrior evolution. The warrior evolution makes you very large and gives you more speed, less sword cooldown, and more regen. This is pretty useful to corner other players and kill them, as the warrior ability can basically kill every evol out there, except, of course, another warrior. Now, if you are in a fight with another warrior, and your opponent is at red health and you have him against a wall, then I bet it's pretty safe to use your ability to try and end the fight. This also works for some of the evolution abilities that make you go faster and make your hit cooldown less. Next, we have the Fisherman. The fisherman's ability makes you slightly larger and way faster, along with a less swing cooldown. What really makes the fisherman so good, is it's ability cooldown. It is around 45 seconds, so it is great for attacking people. You can attack lets say, a warrior, with your ability, and make your opponent use their's also. Then you can get out of there until your cooldown ends, and attack again.

Movement

Movement is a very key part of PVP. If you master swing timing and using your evolution's ability, there's only one more critical step (that I know of) to get better. If your hit timing is legendary but you have bad movement, someone with mid hit timing but decent movement could trip you up. Now, I'm going to tell you about baiting. Baiting, basically is a pretty advanced strat and is the difference between a pretty good player and an actually good player. Once you know how to bait and you do it well, then you can actually become better and better. So here is what baiting is, it is basically a movement strategy where you trick your opponent to think that you are in range, but you aren't. Here is how to do it, you first go toward your opponent, and continue as if you're going in to try and hit them. Then, when you're about to be in range, you move backward, and this will cause your opponent to swing their sword. Congratulations, you've successfully baited your opponent into swinging! Now you just have to take advantage of that. After your opponent swings, then they can't swing again right after, so you go in without any opposition and swing at them, a successful hit. Once again, I believe the only way to get better at baiting is to practice. Here's the video, and you can clearly see that both me and @Frager201 (Rip Frager) are baiting each other. @Frage https://www.veed.io/view/99296326-05b3-48b1-8636-774026bde61a?sharingWidget=true&panel=share

Paces

First up, we have the aggressive strategy. This is a fast paced strategy which involves chasing after your opponent and not backing away, and always trying to get closer to your opponent while still baiting and getting good hit timing. Next, we have the defensive strategy, which is slower paced, and involves keeping distance from your opponent and only going in for a hit once in a while. Now, a good player can use both of these strategies in a single fight, if they have more health than their opponent then they can be aggressive, and be more defensive when they are low on health.

Pro Tips

I have asked a couple of pro PVPers for a pro tip to give to other people. Here's what they said @Shadowblade Have erratic movement when you are either low or just far apart to avoid sword throws. @Number1 Hit as early as possible so that you can become untouchable. @Wasd Throw your sword after you hit so you can do extra damage. @Frager201 @Frage Don't try to be fast but be take your time because accuracy is key. @UnDefeated_OYOYOY Early hitting is important. @ANGEL Having skills in PVP is important but not as important as knowledge.
9 Likes

Please tell me any suggestions, comments, and definitely about that backhand swing.

3 Likes

i believe i know some advantages with using backhand, it might not be the main one but i have a couple:

using backhand and doubleclicking for a hit gives you more accuracy, better aim, and helps your reaction time be faster.

i can give an explanation.

3 Likes

it is a bit complicated, but i worked this out a while ago, so i will make a post regarding that and link it here.

3 Likes

Goated tutorial fr

5 Likes

here is the link, check it out!

3 Likes

Thats interesting. I never knew that double clicking produced two hits. Because whenever I try it, It does the same damage as normal hitting.

4 Likes

this topic gives me an idea for v2.1

2 Likes

Broski ive dome everything on here

1 Like

Done

1 Like

Yeah, cause your a good player and have become a pro.

1 Like

Is there a keyboard shortcut to do that? Spacebar swings the sword and aI think C throws it but is there a way to activate the star without clicking it?

Also a trick I saw on Youtube (maybe you mentioned it here; I only skimmed this) was that if you throw your sword, you get a temporary speed boost. That helps gain on opponents (if the sword doesn’t knock them too far away), and I’ve started throwing my sword just to get away from opponents too.

1 Like

Yes, you can also activate your ability by clicking the G key

2 Likes

This is very useful!

4 Likes

My tip is to fight everybody and everything a lot and a lot

3 Likes

also if you are getting roached then you can you sword throws to get your self some breathing space to evaluate your next attack

3 Likes

Has the meta changed since like 6 months ago ( last time I played)

I was able to do quite well against a roach by timing my clicks and throwing my sword. If you charge the roach and throw your sword as a fisherman then it will put the roach behind you and thus give you a massive headstart to flee. I was actually able to do that enough times that the roach gave up. :partying_face:

2 Likes

You can just keep your eyes on the roacher and hit when they are in range, because they are smaller and have less range,

1 Like

I wishu saw thetimes when u cudnt dotht