Boss battle idea / events

I liked this idea

liked?

Yea I wanted it to be added

kinda like WoW?

1 Like

Why wont it? If 83% of the community wants it and 0% donā€™t, then why not add it?

It but it has been awhile with no input I would just like a regular boss tbh

Every 30mins a boss worth 50k-100k spawns it can throw swords like us and has a basic evolution

1 Like

yes exactly

1 Like

Plus abilities were put in once canā€™t be too hard for it to be put in againā€¦ right?

1 Like

Itā€™s ultimately Coders final decision, even if everyone wants it.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true, Coder may get busy with school starting

2 Likes

I think bosses should be fightable by one player. It can work as a team building exercise, but mindlessly wailing on Smth isnā€™t that fun. Iā€™m envisioning boss fights as the ultimate challenge. A chance to prove all your skill, and see how good you are. People should spawn in w a second tier, so they can just rumble.

Some thoughts on health: 50-100 times that of jugger
Enough damage to 3 hit juggers, 2 hit anything else. Attack speed is the same as jugger.
Give it speed. Lotta speed. Maybe samurai speed
Can throw, throw is normal. Same cooldown as players
It will use an ability which will use when on red health. Instead of chongus heals, make the healing the same as tank. Tank healing isnā€™t too bad, but just low enough to have a very skilled player or decent group to kinda keep under check. It will heal continuously for 10-20 sec. Have the attacks one tap anything for 10-20 seconds. The throws when in this form are normal damage, but pull in the player. Like fisherman. The attack speed should also increase. Only usable once.
When on yellow health, another ability is possible. The boss can spawn 3 first tier AIs, each with base stats, but no throw and no ability. Or it can spawn 2 AI or the second tier, base stats no throw and no ability. Or it can spawn 1 AI of the third tier. However, these third tier AI can throw. An archer god or fisher that canā€™t throw is pointless. It can be used whenever it becomes yellow.
As for regen, same normal regen as a warrior when in combat.
aggro for a certain range, and when the boss leaves that range, teleports the boss back to the start position and basically restarts the fight. if a group, aggro whomever itā€™s closest to I guess. The speed will ensure that it will close the gap, unless allies come and block the path. A good fight whatever the case.

This boss is doable for a good player to 1v1, as the health and normal damage is manageable. Minions will be a problem, but no regen. It will require no mistakes, hence, the ultimate test of skill. Players are forced to fight, or else the fight will restart, and all the progress is lost. Maybe have a AI turn red when itā€™s getting close to the aggro limit, so that people will know. However, it is also good for group battles with the one hit kill ability, the speed, and the ridiculous hp. The minions can occupy players in a team, and can lead to missteps, allowing the boss to wreck havoc. An appropriate team to fight this would prolly have an archer god for consistent damage, 3 juggers for tanking, and a fisher for the ability, which can deal w minions and deal burst damage to the boss. A solo player could go and use fisher, since the ability can help deal with the ultimate boss ability at red, and can make minion killing easier. With a ton of skill, the fisher can survive.

Yep thatā€™s all

3 Likes

Sheesh and I thought shadow and flame wrote essays

4 Likes

Uve mever met loler?

2 Likes

Just read this :slight_smile: Boss Battle REVAMPED

Your boss battle idea isnā€™t bad. My disagreement comes with the idea that Boss battles should not just be fun and give gold, but provide players a chance to practice using different classes, in different situations, that each have some possibility of happening in a normal duel. It should be a place for people to grow in skill without having to worry about being ganked.

• you should be using third tier evolutions, to help simulate endgame. Letting people get good with different classes that will never be in game ont help them. This can also help slightly newer players decide what they will main in.
  • This is also my issue with your boss tokens. Instead of upgrades, it should instead increase the level of players, all the way to max level.
    -evos should be added, as despite what you claim, each evo has its own purpose. Fisher is built on fast burst damage, archer gods are long range DPS, with decent mobility, juggers are frontliners. Learning how to properly use them is crucial.
    -Boss fights should also not be quick and easy. You have waaaaaaay to little health. It will be childā€™s play for a good player to solo it.
  • this is why I went with my template for a boss. It is in effect, a large sized normal player. People can learn how to dodge, attack efficiently, gain skill, and not make mistakes. They can also take their time with it, as retreating is always possible. Adding minions help players deal with multiple different players, and the lack of minion regen helps them be manageable, so people arenā€™t too overwhelmed. Even gods like angel, me (a month ago), maybe acol, and some others, canā€™t fight a 5v1. Numbers to some extent trumps skill. People should learn how to manage numbers at least enough to not die. In a PvP sense, they can manage enough to escape or ability out and win. My bosses final ability helps to somewhat simulate a normal ability. Lots of damage, versatility.

In essence, a boss mode should also somewhat serve as a training ground for new and old players both. Itā€™s a (kinda) safe environment to practice. Well, safer then a server with 4 third tier players bullying everyone. Also pvp is off. This is why I donā€™t think your idea is good. While it will provide something new, it will not provide experience that can be used in normal pvp. My boss fights has only two mechanics, but the range of summons that can be used by the boss brings a lot of versatility. Your bosses are no doubt a lot more unique, but boss fights serve much less purpose in real PvP than mine.

• your post has helped me to consider some short comings of my idea. Long comings I guess. There should not be a limit on the number of players. Instead, the more players, the more hp gained, the more regen, damage, etc etc. maybe 20% increase to all. To prevent players from just camping and going afk, players will take damage if they donā€™t move for 15 seconds. That short enough to crack down on trollers, and enough time to chat.
    -on that point, the summons should multiply by 2 for every 5 players. Fairly balanced I think.

Maybe I just care about PvP too much.

4 Likes

facts