Introducing the V2 tester program!

Hi!

I’m Gautam, the developer of swordbattle.io, and today we are thrilled to announce the launch of swordbattle’s new V2 program.

What is V2?

V2 is a complete rewrite of swordbattle, mainly to improve lag, clean the code, and adding some cool new features. It’s been a while since this update was announced, and we are finally ready to open it up to some testers.

Note: Development has been very slow and we plan to speed it up a lot this summer, so ideas + suggestions are welcome!

You can read more about the V2 Update here

requirements

You need to meet the following requirements to be eligible to be a v2 tester:

• Have a swordbattle account
  • Have a forum account (that’s where we’ll be communicating)
  • Have played swordbattle for at least an hour

rules for testers

V2 is still in a pre-alpha stage, so we don’t want much information leaked out the update. If we find you are leaking information, we will immediately remove your v2 access.

You must also report all bugs and flaws to the forum so it can be fixed.

want to be a dev?

are you experienced with Javascript, Phaser, websockets and want to work on a growing IO game? we might have opportunites for you. email us at [email protected] and we can discuss.

how to join

We are looking to have 10 new V2 testers apart from the 4 we have already manually selected. To apply, make sure you meet all the mentioned requirements, and just CLICK BELOW

EDIT: APPLICATIONS CLOSED!

• I want to be a V2 tester
0 voters

testers are choosen randomly. you may have a better chance of being selected based on your in-game activity.

PS: if you want a better chance of being a tester, press Reply and type a paragraph on your experience with swordbattle and why you think you will be a good tester. The paragraphs will be graded based on quality and you will get a nice boost of becoming a tester.

please make sure to be active in the forum so we can contact you about the further process once you are selected.

Applications open until Fri Jun 30

if you have any questions about the program, please ask below :point_down:

Applications closed! The results will be announced in a few weeks!

Update Aug 25, testers announced here

21 Likes

NICE! FINALLY!!!

Can I just be a game tester though?
Because I can’t code… yet

9 Likes

Yes, no coding knowledge needed to test

10 Likes

how do i apply?

4 Likes

You need to press the button “i want to be a tester”

5 Likes

already did that lol, i did not understand that was all…

4 Likes

Good luck everyone

8 Likes

Dear Gautam

I am writing to express my keen interest in the SwordBattle V2 Tester role at swordbattle.io. As an avid gamer and skilled tester, I am excited to contribute my expertise to the testing and refinement of SwordBattle V2, ensuring an exceptional gaming experience for players.

I have always been passionate about video games, and SwordBattle has been one of my favorite games since its initial release. With its upcoming V2 version, I believe my knowledge and enthusiasm can greatly benefit the testing process. I am confident that my skills, experience, and passion for gaming make me an ideal candidate for this role.

Here are some highlights of my qualifications:

1. Strong gaming background: I have been an active gamer for over 10 years, with a particular focus on multiplayer online battle games. I am familiar with various game mechanics, combat systems, and competitive strategies, which will enable me to provide valuable insights during the testing phase.
  2. Quality assurance expertise: I have a proven track record in game testing and quality assurance. I am well-versed in creating test plans, executing test cases, identifying bugs and issues, and providing comprehensive reports. I am detail-oriented, meticulous, and possess excellent problem-solving skills to ensure a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience.
  3. Effective communication and teamwork: I understand the importance of effective communication within a development team. I can provide clear and concise feedback, collaborate with developers and designers, and contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
  4. Adaptability and flexibility: I am comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. I can quickly adapt to new tools, methodologies, and testing requirements, ensuring efficient and accurate testing throughout the development cycle.

Given my experience and passion for SwordBattle, I am confident in my ability to provide valuable feedback and contribute to the overall success of SwordBattle V2. I am excited about the opportunity to work closely with the development team to ensure the game reaches its full potential.

Thank you for considering my application. I have attached my resume for your review, and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss my qualifications further in an interview. Please feel free to reach me .

I look forward to the possibility of joining the swordbattle team as a SwordBattle V2 Tester and contributing to the continued success of the game.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Sofia

5 Likes

:skull: bro didn’t even replace the company name part

7 Likes

man im dead

4 Likes

a 30 paragraph abou why she should test the game just why

3 Likes

wow that is a good application that actually deserves to test

6 Likes

Here’s my application paragraph:

My name is Shadowblade and I am interested in becoming a tester for V2. I have been playing for little over a year now, and I believe that my knowledge of the game’s basic mechanics (such as PVP, grinding, evolutions) would prove to be useful and allow me to provide valuable feedback for the development of V2. As someone who highly values both this game and community, I would be more than willing to help provide suggestions and report bugs for V2. If given the opportunity, I promise to do my best as a V2 tester in hopes of ensuring an amazing future for this game.

Thank you for your consideration.

13 Likes

i wanna test

3 Likes

Hey my name is Number1 and I would like to be appart sb v2 testing because

I seen how big this community can get in almost the year. I have been appart sb community I really loved the times we spent together as a whole making skins, climbing ranks, achiving new hights, all the friends i made along the way, like Shadowblade, vul, one of acols grinders, bevonnaa, coder, MV clan, angel, W, so many more. I would love to help find bugs for v2 and help make sb v2 as great as it can be finding every little bug and game breaking bugs like i did i the past. without sb I dont think i would’ve never been able to be the same person as I am now because I was taught so much how being together is very important and that working with one another will help you reach big lengths.

I would really love to help sb as sb v2 tester

sincerely, Number1

12 Likes

After a long wait, finally v2 beta test has arrived. I have spent a lot of time playing this game, I do have good enough experience to provide good feedback for betterment of the game. I have given suggestions before, and I appreciate Gautam for being so cool to listen to his community and implement changes according to that. It would be pretty epik if do become v2 tester.

-w`

9 Likes

Okay this is why i want to be a V2 tester.

1. I just like looking for bugs(have 1 for swordbattle.io at the moment)
  2. On weekdays play at least half an hour every day.
  3. I am always active on the forum and i have secret link to people.

Okay thank you @gautam i don’t mind if i am not chosen i just want to help out and have started to come up with more features.

:grinning:

Also i think i would personally be great because i am always active on this forum even if i have been here a short while and so i will be able to check out updates alot

5 Likes

Alright, I may not be the best or most active SwordBattle.io player. But I would like to be a tester in SwordBattle.io V2. I have played video games for more than half my life. I don’t play the game like a average player so with that I can find bugs that others can’t. This is why I think you should pick me to be a SwordBattle.io V2 Tester.

9 Likes

This is why I want to become a V2 Tester:
1.I play at least a hour or more on my free time
2.I’m Always Active (At Least that what I think)
3. I’ve been in this community for at least a long time and I would like to be apart Of V2 testing and I’m Bad a coding

4 Likes

Why I would like to be apart of v2 testing is that I have been apeart of this community for a good amount of time and playing the game for even longer while staying active in the community though I am less active in the game then I used to be I am trying to become active again sense somebody keeps getting 100k more then me on my highest runs……

https://swordbattle.io/Undefeated%20Ranger

5 Likes