Lurkers.io gameplay experience

So I just noticed there is a new io game in the io games category, lurkers.io.

And so of course I had to scream it out to the forum lol

(sorry everyone I was too excited)

aanyways…

I tried it, it was basically like minecraft lol but like platformer-style. The pvp was weird and the blocks as well - I couldn’t block-in or godbridge so it was kinda weird. It was okay though! I would be willing to play this sometimes. There is a lot of controls to memorize and it is a bit hard to be good with reaction time with so many controls…

It was good overall though!

Looks: 6.7/10

Gameplay: 7.8/10

Overall: 14.5/20 (7.25/10)

5 Likes

nice game review!

2 Likes

Thank you! You can see my review on realmz.io and gatdamn.io if you like as well:

Realmz:First impressions of realmz

Gatdamn: First impressions of gatdamn

3 Likes

Hi, creator of lurkers here.
Thanks for the review.
I like to gather user feedback, so I’ve got follow-up questions for you. :slight_smile:

The pvp was weird and the blocks as well

How was it weird?

I couldn’t block-in or godbridge so it was kinda weird

I’m guessing the godbridging doesn’t work because of lag? I guess we could add client prediction here so it places the block immediately.

Why does block-in not work?

There is a lot of controls to memorize

If you join the staging server you can test the latest updates, it overhauls the UI so it only shows the essential controls to begin with and hide all the key bindings behind the settings menu. It also shows key binding indicators on the game HUD while playing so you know what you can do.

Looks: 6.7/10

What can we do to improve the looks?

Gameplay: 7.8/10

What would you like to see changed to make the gameplay 10/10?

By the way, we’re launching on Poki.com shortly, expect more traffic!

6 Likes

Actually the games kind of cool ngl

5 Likes

I got a free skin with out rating you L

3 Likes

@bergice will u make it compatible for mobile

2 Likes

Thank you @bergice! those are some great questions.

for your first question - well, it was weird because, especially for the sword, when you hit the player it kinda has a small delay even after you finish your hit, which makes it harder to predict where your opponent will go. And for the blocks, it was weird because the blocks kinda glitched in after placing (delayed). For example if I were to run forward while placing a block in front of me, for the first like half second i glitched through the block.

This is likely due to lag though, just like my godbridging problem was, as you mentioned.

and for the block-ins, it was actually mostly fine, just on occasion the block didn’t place in time - most of my problems can be fixed using what you described - client prediction:

And for your comment regarding the controls, I will do that, thanks. Keybinds will be really helpful!

For the looks, I would just say the harsh dark brown of the dirt blocks… as the map I was in mostly was the half-underground one. And the gameplay issues were just the ones I described above, which can be fixed, like you mentioned with client prediction.

Also, while I’m writing this to you now, I’d like to make a suggestion to add to the game - can you add arrow keys as well as wasd keys for movement?

1 Like

Yes, the new update has some mobile improvements.
There’s more work remaining but it’s on the agenda.
A mobile app will come later tho, so for now you’ll just have to play it in your mobile browser.

4 Likes

There will be an update later for client prediction which will fix most of these issues.

Some situations can’t be fixed though, like the block-in, since it wouldn’t work for other players since they don’t see you placing the block in time.

For the looks, I would just say the harsh dark brown of the dirt blocks… as the map I was in mostly was the half-underground one.

Do you mean the one in the background or foreground?
And do you mean dirt or stone?

Also, while I’m writing this to you now, I’d like to make a suggestion to add to the game - can you add arrow keys as well as wasd keys for movement?

Sure

5 Likes

I prefer browser tbh

1 Like

Same

1 Like