Show hitboxes setting?

so a while ago i made a topic regarding hitboxes and how they need a rework. (Reworked hitboxes. (add in v2?))

and, well, i decided to finally follow up on that with a thought that’s been on my mind for a while. on the topic, coolguy53 made a suggestion regarding hitboxes:

and i think that this indeed might be a better solution.

because with coolguy’s idea for a fix, when the throwing bugs are fixed, it will make pvp much more reliable, contributing to gameplay in general.

not only that, but for the people that struggle with creating an image in their mind of where the hitboxes, a show hitbox setting that allows you to toggle hitboxes would help players get a sense of where the hitbox is.

but what do you think?

feel free to let me know your thoughts/ideas/opinions in the comments!

4 Likes

jeez cool it on the topics @incognitoes they are great but just sleep please

1 Like

no sorry. can’t sleep. must be all that caffinated green tea ive been drinking…

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 6.45.03 PM

1 Like

yea this would be great, especially since it’s hard to tell with skins

1 Like

yeah could help with fighting ppl with a skin like acol (short sword) or suit (long sword) on

also it wouldn’t change skill levels either as everyone can use it, unlike hackers who only they can do it (side benefit).

1 Like

i agree fully

I feel like it would kinda ruin the skill involved in fighting people and if someone is making a skin you can just make the canvas a custom size or draw the sword around the same size letting you resize it later

i think it wouldn’t really ruin the skill involved in fights because sure, it helps you see where to aim, but it doesn’t show you how. in other words, if you can’t aim this won’t help you.

It also won’t help you time your attacks and get combos

yea again, i agree totally.

do you think gautam should look at this?

yeah but good luck getting him to respond, he doesn’t even with his own posts :skull:

gautam-

please notice this

is this topic really necessary? @Shadowblade @Slapadabass could you merge the to topics

Yea I hope it gets added

1 Like

@gautam your opinion on this? will this get added?

Terrible idea showing the hitboxes in game. Stoobid

I think it would be a good idea in theory, but not in practice, it would get very annoying.

Yea I think that it would ruin the visuals of the game and if they were added it would basically be impossible to play well without them

1 Like