Swordbattle V2 PVP Analysis

In this topic, I’ll be sharing my first impressions on Swordbattle V2 PVP. I’ll definitely update this post as I play V2 more, but here are my current observations.

Sword Throw

For starters, the sword throw feels a lot more different. I believe it has a longer range, and the sword throw speed can vary, depending on what the user is standing on. If the player is standing on a surface that increases their speed, their sword speed is also increased. For example, standing in a bush (which slows down a player's movement) would decrease sword throw speed, while standing on water (which increases player speed) would have a much faster sword throw. Since the thrown sword is treated as a physical object now, it is also able to slide across objects lying around on the map like the rocks.

Attack Rate

The attack rate also seems a lot faster compared to V1, so rapid clicking may be a viable strategy in PVP now. V1 seemed to have a much longer attack cooldown, which was what made timing so essential in Swordbattle V1 PVP.

Player Size

Player size is also different in V2, which can affect PVP. Leveling up leads to a more drastic size difference between players spawning in and evolved players. It seems reminiscent of how swordbattle V1 was Pre-Spring Update. This change in player size may make it a lot harder for unevolved players to stand up against evolved players.

Tank Evolution

As for the evolutions, tank is objectively the superior evolution. Since it takes much longer to fully regenerate health passively, tank’s ability holds a lot more value, since it is able to fully heal up the player. However, it is important to note that tank ability’s healing speed is much slower than it is in V1. It also deals an insane amount of damage that you are unable to outheal with tank ability. Additionally, the tank ability seems to last longer than it did in V1. I was even able to kill one of the bosses single handedly by using the tank ability and hitting the boss against the wall.

Berserker (not recommended)

While berserker ability’s increased speed and attack rate displays its offensive fighting style, it is rended ineffective useless tanks that are able to quickly heal up.

Edit 1: First set of corrections/new observations
Edit 2: Added observations on player size

8 Likes

This is great, Also another viable PVP Strat may be getting players cornered into lava in the fire biome!

1 Like

AND GUESS WHAT GOT EVEN STRONGER FRIKEN RUNING V1 I SPENT 20 MINS CHASING PEOPLE NOW ILL SPEND HOURS CAUSE WHY NOT BUFF ONLY HEALTH IN SPEED LIEK WTH PLAY

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.