opinions + feedback on various pvp strategies by incognitoes?

Note: Something that spiraled from one of incog’s posts about a method to train aim as a split topic.

This is just a topic to ask you all, what are your guys’ thoughts on incognitoes’ PVP topics/methods/explanations, along with other PVP methods you may know of that are mentioned on forum/sb that may not be as prominent as some?

How it started:

Styling’s really not practical in fights and in PVP.

You’re just in spawn, and you’re small. Those fights aren’t serious and not worth engaging in.

This is just going to be constructive criticism. It’s great that you want to make a ton of posts to keep the forum a bit more active.

But more often than not, a lot of the tips you give about PVP don’t really seem practical. Swordbattle PVP’s just very intuitive, and there’s nothing wrong with that. You’re sometimes making PVP seem more complicated than it really is. Posts like that aren’t helping your credibility, and people may just glance over these posts if they’re getting repetitive or again, just not practical.

I think it would be best to come up with other ideas, and have more variety in your posts than just overanalyzing PVP.

3 Likes

yes, its mostly purely cosmetic in value.

yes, but regardless of whether it is an actual fight or not, it does prove that it is possible.

i agree, most don’t look into pvp like i do, but i just have a different perspective on the matter given my experience in other games.

although it seems quite intuitive at first, there are some important, key mechanics under the pretense of simplicity.

many don’t think how i do, but the topics i bring up are valid, if not less than noticable, mechanics and strategies for the game. while many may be subtle, they still do produce a strong impact on pvp and gameplay, considering as many involve the use of key pvp mechanics.

will do, i partly agree with that…although it’s worth noting that it doesnt hurt to have some analysis posts.

It’s totally fine to have a different perspective on PVP, and you’re by all means welcome to make these analysis posts.

But I personally believe that all these analyses on PVP and styling are rather overwhelming. If I were a new player coming to this forum, and seeing all these over-analyzing posts about the game’s PVP and styling, I’d probably be mostly confused. The main (and final) point I just want to emphasize is how many of the strategies you bring up end up being practical? With how intuitive and simplistic PVP and its mechanics are (for both pros and beginners alike), how many of your strategies end up having a “strong impact on pvp and gameplay” as you claim?

In a real fight/1v1, I’d imagine players just sticking to the roots and basics of PVP. And that means no styling and no overthought strategies.

1 Like

yeah, i admit some of those are not really oriented for newer players, but more as a new strategy for players who know the basics.

i would say all of them have a varying degree of prominence in pvp, as many are not noticable. for example, hitselecting, or single hits, or perhaps w-tapping. they are easily integrated and not neccasarily obvious to another player, but they are there and they do change the outcomes for example.

most do, agreed. but some (notably me and the 12+ people in my pms) do, in fact, use those strategies.

one sec lemme organize the post

I think most of incog’s posts are usually ways to show off while in pvp (like wtf is styling) because pvp is really simple rn and it’s all about knowing where the hitbox is- what incog is analysing is the specifics on ways people pvp not ways to get better at it. I think incog should stay away from posts that don’t really help

…if there’s no point in the battle why engage in it? and why make threads that help in these pointless battles

to practice my aim lol.

it was one specific battle lol i dont make all of my threads for that. plus i dont usually fight that way it was just an example i had on camera.

this has come full circle
You suggest this aim trainer thingy
reason? because you need to move mouse fast
only time you need to do that? when you’re small
why do you engage in this kind of combat? to aim train

so your aim training for literally nothing

agreed.

no, not necessarily. small, per se, is a bit ambiguous in wording, and i can still be small when im 20-ish coins away from tank where i might need to fight a beserker or tank.

At that point you are quite slow tho

1 Like

Swordbattle is io game and io game is simple no complex

Sb Strat is

Hit
Move back and re-aim
Hit

That is about it for me

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.